This is a one day course of jewellery making suitable for beginners. Your day in the Workshop starts at 10am and finishes at 5.30pm. Tuition is one-to-one so your learning is intensive and fast tracked. Scroll down to the booking calendar for availability and booking.
Tutor Lucy Copleston has a Master’s degree from the Royal College of Art. The aim of the course is to learn how to make a set of 2 or 3 stacking silver rings. Each ring can be individualised by using a variety of hand applied textures.
What is provided
- A choice of silver stacking ring design projects in PDF format from which to choose. Contact Lucy to receive a selection after booking your day.
For this course Students provide their own silver. Details are specified on each ring design project with live links to suppliers.
- All silver solders are provided free.
- A comprehensive Suppliers List with live links. Contact Lucy for this after booking your day.
- All tools and specialist equipment.
- A stage by stage photographed record of the development of your project for your future reference.
- Detailed technique notes emailed to you on request.
- A tools and equipment list for hobbyists to develop the craft emailed to you on request.
- Tea and coffee throughout the day.
- A comprehensive book list is emailed to you on request.
- For students in further education or participating in government training schemes a personalised Certificate of Attendance is supplied on request.
What you will learn
- How to anneal silver.
- How to texture silver with hammers and punches.
- How to form silver into 3 rings of the correct size.
- How to silver solder a seam.
- How to finish and polish your rings.