This course is temporarily ‘on hold’ owing to the pandemic, as only one student will be accepted in the Workshop.
Your day in the Workshop starts at 10am and finishes at 5.30pm. Tuition is one-to-one so your learning is intensive and fast tracked. Scroll down to booking calendar for availability and booking.
This is a 2 day Workshop in which couples work together to create their own wedding rings, specifically in gold. Metals are not supplied. Gold is extremely expensive, so most of your first day is spent in making silver prototypes of your rings to ensure no wastage of the gold.
What is provided
- A choice of wedding ring design projects in PDF format from which to choose. Contact Lucy to receive a selection.
For this course Students provide their own gold or silver. Details of what to buy are specified on each ring design project with live links to suppliers.
- All silver solders are provided free.
- Students buy their own gold solder by arrangement from Lucy
- A comprehensive Suppliers List with live links. Contact Lucy for this.
- All tools and specialist equipment.
- A stage by stage photographed record of the development of your project for your future reference.
What you will learn
- How to anneal and form your metal into a ring of the correct size.
- How to solder a seam with both silver and gold solders.
- How to cut metal with a piercing saw.
- How to file meta.l
- How to finish and polish your ring/s to a high standard.
Previous experience is not essential, but it helps if you have some experience of making things with your hands. In advance of your session you will be advised on suitable design options, what gold and silver to buy, and bullion dealers to buy from. If you prefer to make your rings in silver a one day workshop is feasible if your design is simple. Contact Lucy to organise/discuss.