This is a two day Workshop which starts at 10am and finishes at 5.30pm. Tuition is one-to-one so your learning is intensive and fast tracked. Scroll down to booking calendar for availability and booking.
Tutor Lucy Copleston has a Master’s degree from the Royal College of Art. This course is designed for both experienced and non-experienced students of the craft. Lucy advises you on the design of your ring prior to your visit.
What is provided
- A choice of single stone ring design projects in PDF format from which to choose. Contact Lucy to receive a selection after booking.
Please note: Students provide their own silver. Details are specified on each ring design project with live links to suppliers.
- All silver solders are provided free.
- A selection of inexpensive semi-precious cabochon gem stones from which students can purchase the appropriate size for their project after booking. Contact Lucy for details.
- A comprehensive Suppliers List if you prefer to purchase your gem stone/s online. Contact Lucy for this.
- All tools and specialist gem stone setting equipment.
- A stage by stage photographed record of the development of your project for your future reference.
- Detailed technique notes supplied by email on request after booking.
- A tools and equipment list for hobbyists to develop the craft supplied by email on request after booking.
- On request a comprehensive book list is emailed to you.
For students in further education or participating in government training schemes a personalised Certificate of Attendance is supplied on request.
What you will learn
- How to construct a ring shank in silver to accommodate your chosen gem stone.
- How to construct a simple bezel mount to fit your gemstone.
- How to combine these two units correctly to create the right size ring.
- How to finish and polish your ring.
- How to bezel set your gem stone.