Your day in the Workshop starts at 10am and finishes at 5.30pm. Tuition is one-to-one so your learning is intensive and fast tracked. Scroll down to booking calendar for availability and booking.
Tutor Lucy Copleston has a Master’s degree from the Royal College of Art. This course is designed for people who already have experience of constructing precious metal jewellery . You may book either single days, or a block by arrangement. You may also book a regular repeat day every week or month. Contact Lucy to discuss.
What is provided
- Silver solders are provided free.
- All tools and equipment.
- A photographic record of the development of your jewellery.
- Detailed technique notes.
- Tools and equipment list for small workshops.
- A comprehensive book list.
- Tea and coffee throughout your session/s.
- For students in further education or participating in government training schemes a personalised Certificate of Attendance is supplied on request.
What you will learn
Advanced jewellery making includes more complex techniques:
- Advanced silver soldering techniques.
- Gold soldering of the various carats and gold solder grades.
- Stone setting and mount construction.
- Keum Boo.
- Acid etching of silver, copper and bronze.
- Rivetting and other non soldering techniques for joining metals.
- Advanced enamelling techniques to include champlevé and cloisonné.
- Chemical patinations.
- Necklace and bead stringing.
- Creating and preparing a ‘master’ pattern for the casting technique.
- Wax carving.
- Anticlastic forming.