Your day in the Workshop starts at 10am and finishes at 5.30pm. Tuition is one-to-one so your learning is intensive and fast tracked. Scroll down to booking calendar for availability and booking. Tutor Lucy Copleston has a Master’s degree from the Royal College of Art. The aim of this course is to introduce beginners to basic enamelling on copper. Students can purchase inexpensive copper shapes suitable for enamelling on from Lucy in advance of their session. Contact Lucy to discuss your requirements.
What is provided
- All tools and equipment.
- Professional quality Soyer enamels in a wide choice of both opaque and transparent colours.
- A photographic record of the development of your jewellery.
- Detailed technique notes, technical information, a tools and equipment list for small workshops and a comprehensive book list are supplied by email on request.
- Tea and coffee throughout your session/s
- A Suppliers List in PDF format with site links.
- For students in further education or participating in government training schemes a personalised Certificate of Attendance is supplied on request.
What you will learn
- How to prepare your metal for the enamelling process.
- How to apply dry powdered enamels onto copper.
- How to fire your peices in a kiln.
- How to finish and polish your peices.